Facebook cover photo is as good as a cover of a book. The better it is, the more chances are that users will connect with you by liking your page. Brands create Facebook cover photo for various things, it can be their marketing communication, a new product launch, a celebrity that endorses the brand, a service offering, an upcoming event and various other reasons. There is a lot that you can do with the concept of cover photos. But there were restrictions, since Dec 2012 we had these below mentioned restrictions-
Covers may not include:
- Images with more than 20% text.
- Price or purchase information, such as “40 percent off,” or, “Download it on socialmusic.com.”
- Contact information such as a website address, email, mailing address, or information that should go in your page’s “about” section.
- References to Facebook features or actions, such as like or share, or an arrow pointing from the cover photo to any of these features.
- Calls to action, such as “get it now” or “tell your friends.”
According to these guidelines, there was not much you could do with a Facebook Cover Photo. But recently on 14th May 2013, Facebook secretly lifted almost all the restrictions from Cover Photo keeping in place the only rule that text should not be more than 20%
As new Guidelines says
All covers are public. This means that anyone who visits your Page will be able to see your cover. Covers can’t be deceptive, misleading, or infringe on anyone else’s copyright. You may not encourage people to upload your cover to their personal timelines. Covers may not include images with more than 20% text. [link here]
With these restrictions seeing no light of the day anymore, we see Brands getting more freedom to play with Facebook Cover Photos and use them as effectively as you can. Now you can add call to actions, directing users to like you with an arrow and other such jazz.
Is your Facebook cover image as per the new guidelines? Have you made some changes to make it more beautiful? Share with us your Facebook Page URL in the comments section below and we will suggest the best for you.