Smartphone’s have become such an important part of everyday life now, before sleeping we check our phones and the first thing we do when we wake up is check for any updates if we received in the night. As marketer, if you haven’t gone mobile yet then what are you waiting for? Now you cannot consider mobile as a separate plan in your strategy, infact now it plays a very large part in your marketing efforts.
Mobile had taken the social media world by storm in 2014, and it is not going to slow down anytime soon! Hence, to help your business get a more firm grasp on the mobile landscape, this infographic from Text Marketer showcases 10 mobile related statistics that every marketer should be aware of in 2015 will help you fine tune your mobile strategy.
Don’t miss to check out latest Social Media stats as well.
Let’s take a look at these key statistics:
- 60% of global mobile users, browse the internet primarily only from their Smartphone’s or tablets. If you do not optimize your content now, that is the percentage of people you will be saying goodbye to.
- The average media consumption of a person is 7 hours, out of which they spend more than 1.8 hours on their mobile phones + 1.6 on their desktop (so in total 3.4 hours on the web), 1.5 hours TV and remaining 2.1 hours on other medias.
- To use their Smartphone people are ready to give up on their desires, now that is a serious commitment to mobile usage!
Monetizing on Mobile
- 50% of ecommerce website traffic comes from a mobile device; today’s mobile users are also mobile shoppers. Where they turn to their devices when it comes to doing research for a product and even completing their purchases.
- 64% of consumers, who have subscribed to mobile messages, have said brand messages have induced purchases. So you need to craft really effective offers or product promotion to your Smartphone users, to make them go click on that link and buy!
- 76% of people report that they will check their SMS/Text before an email.
- 70% of users feel brands can get their attention faster via SMS/Text, it is time you start brainstorming! You can start targeting your audiences via Snapchat, WhatsApp etc.
- 64% of customers feel that brands must even connect with them through SMS/Text. They are clearly not hesitant to share personal information, if they hear from you again!
All these stats highlight one very important point that mobile marketing is unavoidable if you want your business to succeed. You need to have a responsive web design, make sure your social sites load quickly on the mobile, the content needs to be optimized perfectly to each device. As a marketer you do not know from which devices your consumers wish to connect with you. It is time to put a mobile plan in place right away, there is no time left to ponder!
Which stats surprised you the most from this Infographic? Leave your comments below.