Are you running a Twitter Campaign? A promoted tweet campaign on Twitter for your business? Here is a news for you! Twitter added a feature to let marketers/brands schedule their posts on 14th October 2013, as the company moves to make it easier for advertisers to use its products.
The new tool works for both regular 140-character posts (tweets) and ones that brands pay for to promote their message to a larger audience, the company said it in their blog post. The feature will help companies schedule their content up to a year in advance, making it easier to plan advertising campaigns around a new product or holiday.
How to Schedule Tweets from Twitter?
1. Blue Button: You can schedule a new Tweet via the blue Tweet button at the top right corner of the navigation menu on ads.twitter.com. Twitter has also introduced a new Creative’s tab, at the top of the navigation bar, for users to manage scheduled Tweets and Twitter Cards all in one place.
2. New Tweet box: The Compose Tweet button seen on the Creative’s page will also bring up a new Tweet Box where you can create a Tweet and include a photo, location or card of your choice, along with specific targeting criteria.
3. Scheduling Options: The scheduling can be done in increments of one minute and set up to one year in advance based on your account’s time zone.
But Scheduling Tweets is something that is already stewed into Twitter through clients like TweetDeck, which is owned by Twitter, and through other third party management tools, so the big question is-
Is this really worth it?
Have a look at some of my thoughts about this below-
- With scheduling tweets, it saves time for brands and makes the process easier. But with this new feature it’s a cumbersome process as it’s not as easy as 1 click away! You need to login seperately to Twitter Ads, go to creative page, and click compose buttone and then with the new tweet box you can add pictures and location of your choice. In other 3rd party management tools its one click away! And certain Tools even offer the process of helping you choose the best possible time to tweet, in this application you need to manually decide.
- The only thing that is constant in social media marketing is “change”, twitter is embracing the change but a little late! Don’t you think? As this process is nothing new, there are no new features like targeting based on age, geography etc. With other tools available you can organize your tweets as well, the tools help you decide the best possible time and show results of which tweet yielded best possible results.
- This platform does not integrate other social networks; brands use tools so it can help them use time effectively across all platforms. This newly added feature of twitter you can only maintain the twitter account; with this tool you still need other 3rd party management tools to handle other online properties. Doesn’t it sound more tedious, instead of making it easier!
- Can manage only one account at a time, do marketers have that much time to spend because with this feature they will have to. When only 1 account can be managed at a time, when some brands have multiple pages. Logging in and out will eat more than required time if you handle 4-5 accounts.
The only worthwhile feature of this tool is that it can help brands schedule promoted tweets which is not available in any other third party tools. For your organic tweets this tool will cost you more in terms of efforts and time. Don’t you agree?
Will you leave other Twitter 3rd party tools that you are already using for this new Scheduled Tweets by Twitter?